Prior to Your Procedure
- Complete the forms given to you by the physician’s office and bring them with you on the day of the procedure.
- Arrange for a driver, age 18 or older, to bring you to your appointment, remain in the office during your procedure, and take you home. Due to the nature of the medication you will receive, it is unsafe for you to drive for 24 hours. Your procedure will not be performed unless your driver remains in the facility.
- Follow the preparation instructions from your physician’s office.
- Do not eat or drink after midnight on the night before your procedure, unless you are instructed otherwise.
- Wear comfortable/loose fitting clothing and leave jewelry and valuables at home.
- You will be asked to sign a consent authorizing your physician to perform the procedure(s).
- A nurse will check your vital signs, take a brief medical history, and list medications you take.
- You will receive strong medication through intravenous injection (I.V.) to help you relax and minimize discomfort (conscious sedation).
- A nurse will review verbal and written discharge instructions with you and your driver.
- A nurse will call to check on how you are feeling within 24 hours after discharge.